Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 119

Independence Day. I took a hike by myself, while the boys kayaked and snorkeled. I didn't really get lost, so much as I had a hard time finding the trail. I finally gave up on my original goal, which was to hike to the other side of the lake. I kept in contact with Mike and the boys via walkie-talkies. It was funny and not a little bit frustrating trying to find my way to them. Eli would ask me, "Do you see a bunch of rocks? Do you see a bunch of trees?" He even asked me if I saw a big black rock shaped like a pile of poop. He asked me, "Do you see a bridge?" I said, "Yes." He says, "Go to the middle of the bridge." I do as he asks and wait. I finally say, "Eli, I think there is more than one bridge." He says, "Oh. Well do you see a chimney?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment