Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 34


Bumps, humps, lumps & undulations. 
Excuse me, but lumps? Bumps, acceptable. Humps, not as much. Undulations, I kind of like that word, it fits. But seriously, lumps? I had to know the difference, because the humps and lumps were on the same street! Even if you don't want to know, I am going to tell you, because I am now the expert. 
Bumps-seen mostly in parking lots. Are steep and a rather nasty way to slow vehicles. 
Humps-seen on residential roads (and camels) are less steep and run all the way across the road. 
Undulations-two "humps" in succession. 
Lumps-a relatively new phenomenon. Similar to humps, with one exception; they have several breaks along the "hump" so that  bicycles and emergency traffic can get through without slowing down. (Kind of defeats the whole purpose) 
Traffic Planner #1  "What should we name these new bumps?"
Traffic Planner #2 "Well, we can't name them bumps or humps. Hmmm. How about lumps?"
Traffic Planner #1 "Great. Let's go with that."
Traffic Planner #2 "Is it time for lunch yet?"

2 comments:

  1. I'm slightly disturbed that you went to this much trouble on this post....but it was worth the read, but where is my honorable mention for confirmining that this was a great post idea? Gee so much for being a mighty follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying over here. You are such a crack up.

    ReplyDelete